- 2 leeks (sliced in half lengthwise, washed and cut in small pieces)
- 2 courgettes (sliced)
- 1-2 strips wakame sea vegetables (soaked for 5 minutes and cut into pieces)
- A small pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 dessertspoon of white (shiro) miso
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1-2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 cups water
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat a saucepan, add some oil, the leeks and a pinch of sea salt and saute the leeks for 5-6 minutes
- Add the rinsed wakame, courgettes and 2 cups of water. If using dried basl, add now. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until soft. If using fresh basil, add now, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth consistency, adjusting the liquid if necessary. Dilute 2 tsp of white miso in a little water and add to the soup. Taste. If necessary, add some more white miso.
- Serve garnished with some fresh basil.
If you have enjoyed this post and would like to keep in touch please sign up for my free email newsletter.